How can you livestream your events on social media platforms?
Live streaming is one of the greatest innovations to come out of the use of the Internet. In fact, a larger percentage of internet traffic is now attributed to making your events available live to the public. And the percentage share of Internet traffic is expected to increase even more in the coming years. So why is broadcasting your moments to the online world so important? The reason is that there are numerous advantages associated with live video streaming platform and live video streaming services.
One reason is that by making your event live, you can interact with attendees. These attendees are the ones who cannot attend the live event in person but can watch it through the streaming service. So in a way you can argue that they attended. The other reasons are, of course, that it can increase support and improve the user experience.
The type of event that will be broadcast on the platforms will depend on what you prefer. You can showcase a cooking competition, a music concert, a training session, a festival, and even a wedding, which is rapidly growing in popularity. Of course, as already mentioned, there are a number of platforms like live streaming to Facebook, Go Live Broadcast, and other social media platforms like Twitter, YouTube, and Periscope.
Social networking sites like Facebook Live are becoming more and more preferred as a platform for live streaming due to the sheer number of people who use them. According to recent statistics from 2017, users of social networking sites number about 2.46 billion worldwide. That’s a lot of potential viewers for your event or even potential attendees.
Most of the available platforms are increasingly integrating the use of various social media platforms for instant live streaming across multiple platforms. You’re talking about streaming via Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Twitter Live, and Periscope. That can be done through the use of live streaming platforms and live streaming devices.
Requirements for commissioning using these services:
Of course, in addition to identifying your live streaming platform/app and registering, you must have the following:
A reliable internet connection
A high-performance computer/smartphone
A webcam or camera with a video capture device in case you are using a device
As devices can be purchased, or you can use the platforms that have many plans: basic, premium or business plans. There are some platforms that offer free trials, often for a period of usually 1 month. The main downside of free trials is that they are limited in terms of features and functions and therefore you may have limitations when streaming.
Live streaming of your event
After knowing the importance, the ways available for live streaming and the necessary requirements, all that remains is the action itself, which is simple. When you have a live streaming device, the first step is to connect your device to any video source or camera. With one touch of the provided app, you can change the title of your event, start, stop and pause and launch and use other functions and features. There is a feature to stream across multiple platforms simultaneously.
Use of the Facebook live streaming service
1. Using your mobile device or computer with a camera, go to the news feed in the Facebook app to go live. There is a “live” option that you need to tap on. Another option for live streaming is through your profile. There is a live video option from the “What’s on your mind” menu, when tapped.
2. Facebook will request access to your camera if it is the first time. You must allow it. Any subsequent access to the camera will be automatic when live streaming.
3. Choose your preferred privacy settings. You can choose to broadcast live to your friends or audience. There’s another “just me” option, which is great when you’re new to the service and want to give it a try. Nobody likes to embarrass themselves, you can rely on live streaming for this.
4. Describe your live stream. Give it a catchy title.
5. Choose a location or an activity and tag friends.
6. Before “Go Live”, you need to set your camera to the correct direction/view. After setting up the camera and broadcasting live, you can interact with your viewers.
7. When you are done, click “Finish”. There is the option to publish the video so that other people can see it even after the broadcast has finished.
8. Save your video for future use; adjust and watch again.