Social Media Marketing: How To Introduce Your Business To Social Media
It’s always difficult to market to certain demographics. With social media getting bigger and bigger, there is no better platform to use. Using social media to your advantage can help you determine what type of audience to market to, who enjoys what, and who is likely to enjoy your product. With these tips, you can use social media and make it one of your most important assets in your marketing strategies.
1. Decide which platform to use: There are several different social platforms and user bases. From Facebook to Instagram to Tumblr, there is no shortage of customer bases to use. Arguably the most important thing to focus on is one or two platforms to begin with, to make sure you don’t get lost in focusing on multiple things at once, as marketing is just one aspect of running a business. Make sure to keep track of which platform is getting the most traffic, as the one with the most traffic will likely be the one with the largest base in the long run.
2. Connect your blog or website with your social profiles – Creating multiple profiles on social media is essential for social influence. This is why it is even more important that you link your main base of operations (website or blog) to all of your social media profiles, and vice versa. Market your website on your social media profiles and market your social media profiles on your websites. This ensures the creation of a closed loop, creating a large network of people who are connected to both aspects of your business, generating more traffic for your business.
3. Share interesting content – If you want to target the right people, you need to make sure you share content that they will enjoy. If you share interesting and useful content, you are more likely to share it and spread to the crowd. More importantly, don’t forget the hashtags. Using hashtags can help your customers keep track of your posts and, if they are big enough, become a trend.
4. Keep your profile prominent – When it comes to social media marketing, it is important to stand out from the crowd. There are a variety of ways to do this, as stated above, you can post specific content for a certain audience. But a fundamental way to do this is to stay on top of the exposure. To face the facts, you won’t be the last to market on social media, so it’s important to make sure your posts aren’t lost in the ocean of others that get posted every day. There are a couple of different ways to do this, as you want to stand out but don’t want too much exposure either. For a personal social media account, you can post as many times as you want per day, as it will be primarily directed at your friends and family. For your social media business account, it is recommended that you post no more than twice a day or seven times a week as followers can simply ignore your posts.
5. Follow the Influences in Your Crowd – You are most likely not the biggest fish in the social media marketing pond. This makes it important to follow the greatest. If it catches your eye, then you may be lucky enough to enter into a collaboration or partnership. There is also the added benefit of recommendations. If you follow popular people, you will most likely appear on the recommended list for their followers, and in turn, you will get more traffic for your profile.