Tips on how to sell your home fast!
When selling your home, it is extremely important to show your home to its full potential. Here are some simple things you can do to increase the attractiveness of your home to potential buyers while staying within a budget. Some of these items are do-it-yourself projects and others require the help of a professional. Either way, these changes will help you get the best price for your home and also have a great return on your investment.
In ascending order of costs, here is what you can do to better present your home:
1) Mess, Tidy, Tidy – This is probably the most profitable upgrade you can choose to make. When it comes to showing your home, less is more. Remove religious items, family photos, gadgets, and knickknacks. Keep in mind that you want the buyer to remember the home and not your seashell collection.
2) Cleaning – I know you’re busy, but grab the glass cleaner and vacuum and get rid of dust mites and stained windows.
3) Upgrade Hardware – Are your kitchen and bathroom cabinet door handles still from the 70s? Changing hardware is a simple, cost-effective way to give an old closet door a new, modern look.
4) Update the light fixtures: on the same line as No. 3, Replace old and outdated light fixtures and electrical covers. These are cheap to replace, but they make a huge difference to the appearance of a room. Be sure to make sure to replace burnt out bulbs as well.
5) Paint – Freshen up the interior of your home with a fresh coat of paint. Use a neutral color to make the space appear larger than it is and also to allow the buyer to visualize their own furniture in the space. Neutral colors are the best way to go as they allow the buyer to remember the space and not the bright orange wall color they chose in the 80s.
6) Upgrade the Flooring – I know the old high pile rug in the living room is a classic, but a potential buyer will probably disagree. If it’s within your budget, replace it with plain, neutral hardwood or solid wood flooring. If hardwood is out of your budget, go for laminate.
7) Kitchen Upgrades – We all know that women make the final decision when buying a home. We also know that one of the first rooms a woman looks at is the kitchen. If it’s not in your budget to remodel the kitchen, consider replacing those old appliances with stainless steel. The stainless steel appliances are stylish and will give your home a modern touch.
8) Curb appeal – okay, the inside of the house looks flawless, we can’t forget about the outside; after all, the front yard is the first thing a buyer sees when they stop at the house. Make a good impression and make the home more welcoming. Take that lawn mower and hedge trimmer and add some flowers. In today’s market climate, it’s more important than ever to make your home more attractive to potential buyers. After all, you only get one chance to make a first impression, so why not make it a good one?